Thai Red Curry Pecan Soup
This Thai Red Curry Pecan Soup from Chef Keith Schroeder of High Road Craft Ice Cream adds an extra kick of heat to your dinner.
- 1/2 Cup Red Onion, minced
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Minced Jalapeno or Serrano Green Chile
- 3 Tbsp. Young Minced Ginger
- 1/4 Cup Pecan Pieces
- 1/2 Cup Seeded and Minced Butternut Squash
- 1 & 1/2 Cups Coconut Milk
- 1 & 1/2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 & 1/2 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp Sriracha
- 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp Pecan Oil or Clarified Butter
- Shrimp, 16/20 count, Head-On, 6 each, chopped
- 1 Halved Lime
- 2 Tbsp Sugar (raw)
Method of Preparation:
- Heat pecan oil or clarified butter over medium heat.
- Add onions, garlic, chile, ginger, and pecan pieces. Sweat, stirring, until tender.
- Add 1.5 Tbsp. Sriracha to vegetables. Toast and stir.
- Add Coconut Milk and Chicken Broth. Bring to a simmer.
- Add Butternut Squash. Simmer 20 minutes.
- Purée in batches in blender, return to pot.
- Bring to a simmer, turn off heat.
- Add Shrimp. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Stir in juice of one lime half.
- Serve into individual bowls.
- In another bowl, combine the 1 Tbsp. Sriracha, 1 Tbsp. Pecan oil or butter, and the juice of the other lime half.
- Stir until well combined, and use as a garnish in individual bowls.