Sugar Spiced Pecans
These Sugar Spiced Pecans are toasted and spiced with cinnamon to perfection and make a sweet treat for dessert!
- 1 lb. pecan halves
- 1 c. sugar
- ¾ t. salt
- 1 ¾ t. cinnamon
- 1 c. water
- 1 t. vanilla
- Toast pecans on baking sheet for 10 minutes at 300°F.
- Combine all ingredients, except pecans and vanilla, in small pan.
- Cook about 5 minutes (until syrup spins a small thread).
- Remove from heat and add pecans and vanilla.
- Stir quickly until syrup crystallizes.
- Pour onto buttered platter.
- Separate nuts rapidly (but gently) and cool before serving. (To add Easter appeal, wrap individual handfuls of pecans in spring-colored plastic wrap and tie with ribbon).
Courtesy: Georgia Pecan Commission