Pecan Praline Sauce
This pecan praline sauce is the perfect addition to a nice cold bowl of ice cream or served over a hearty pound cake.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup butter
- Dash of salt
- 1 cup chopped lightly roasted pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar and soda
- stir in remaining ingredients in order listed, except vanilla and pecans.
- Place over medium heat and bring to boil; reduce heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove pan from heat and immediately stir in vanilla and pecans. Cool.
- May serve lukewarm over ice cream, pound cake, or cheesecake, or even bread pudding. Sauce will thicken as it cools.
Courtesy: Louisiana Pecan Growers Association