Pecan Banana Bread
Take a twist on the classic banana bread by adding pecans! The extra crunch goes a long way!
- 1¾ c. whole wheat flour
- ½ c. maple syrup
- 1 T. baking powder
- ¼ t. baking soda
- ½ c. butter
- 2 ripe bananas (mashed)
- ½ c. pecans (coarsely chopped)
- 1 T. grated lemon peel
- 2 eggs (slightly beaten)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix first four ingredients with fork.
- Use knife to cut in butter until mixture has crumbly appearance.
- With fork, stir bananas, pecans, lemon peel and eggs into flour mixture until flour is just moistened.
- Spoon batter into lightly greased 9×5″ loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes or until inserted knife comes out clean.
- Cool at least 10 minutes before slicing and serving.