Research conducted over the past decade has shown that pecans can be a healthy addition to anyone's diet. Clinical studies show pecans may help prevent heart disease and gallstones, aid in weight loss and support prostate health. Pecans are also loaded with antioxidants and more than 19 vitamins and minerals.
The National Pecan Shellers Association (NPSA) wants healthcare professionals and educators to be aware of the health benefits associated with eating a pecan-rich diet, so that they may pass this information on to their patients and/or clients.
- Pecans and Your Health provides a detailed overview of pecans' health benefits.
- Educating Patients and Clients just got easier with presentations and other materials to assist you.
- Get the FAQ's about Pecans
- Nutritional Breakdown of Pecans (pdf)
- Pecans and Nutritional Research explores many scientific studies on the nutritional and health benefits of pecans.
- Press Room
- Where to Find Pecans
Photo courtesy of the Georgia Pecan Commission