Gumbo and Pecan Rouille (Butter)
This delicious Gumbo and Pecan Rouille (Butter) is from Chef Efrem Cutler, Corporate Executive Chef and Director of Product Development for Bloomin Brands International
Pecan Rouille (Pecan Butter)
Yield: Approximately 16 ounces
- 4 Cups Pecan Pieces
- 1 & 1/2 Tbsp Sugar, Granulated
- 1 Tsp Salt, Kosher
- Place pecans on a baking pan and roast pecans in a 350° oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove pecans from oven and place in a food processor.
- Add salt and sugar and purée the mixture into butter.
- Take a spatula and scrape down the sides of the food processor bowl.
- Continue blending the mixture until smooth, about 3-4 minutes.
To serve with gumbo: Drizzle or swirl a tablespoon (or to taste), over a hot bowl of gumbo.