Apple Pecan Pancakes
- 1 c. flour
- 2 T. brown sugar
- 2 t. baking powder
- ½ t. salt
- ½ t. cinnamon
- ¾ c. (plus 2 t.) milk
- 2 eggs (separated)
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- ½ c. apples (peeled, finely chopped)
- ½ c. plus ¼ c. pecans (chopped)
- In a bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Stir in milk, egg yolks and vanilla.
- Add apples and ½ cup pecans.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form, then fold into batter.
- Pour ¼ cup of batter onto a hot, greased griddle or skillet.
- Turn when bubbles begin to form and the edges are golden.
- Cook until the second side is golden, then serve topped with remaining pecans and a favorite syrup.